Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Saturday 29 June 2013

Totally Gorjuss 190 - Wings.

Good morning everyone, it's time for another challenge at Totally Gorjuss. This week our theme is "wings." I've chosen to use butterflies on my card this week.

Here it is.

 

I used :-
Sentiment :- Rubber Stampede.
Butterflies :- Papillon Potpourri from SU cut out with SU punches.
Pearls :- Hobby House.
Ribbon from stash.

I made this card for my lovely niece and her husband who will celebrate their Silver Wedding Anniversary on the 1st of July. Yeah I know difficult to believe I'm old enough to have a niece who's been married 25 years lol! My brother is 9 years older than me so I was quite young when Angela was born.

Sorry the photo isn't very good. I should have checked it before I posted it but it's on it's way to Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis now.

Challenges :-
Creative Card Crew :- No DP.
Simon Says Stamp :- Anything Goes.
Cute Card Thursday :- Fly Like a Bird.
Addicted to CAS :- Take Flight.
Crafting When We Can :- Keep it Simple.

I've now got another Silver Wedding Anniversary card to make. One of the girls at work celebrates hers on the 9th of July. So that'll be three in a row. 1988 must have been a popular year for weddings.

I may be a bit missing in action this week. We're meeting my daughter and her family this afternoon to collect her dogs. They're off to the Lake District for a few days and the dogs are coming to us instead of going into kennels. That means 4 Labradors instead of our own "gruesome twosome." Not sure how this is going to work out!! So if you don't see me around you'll know why. Between all these dogs and working full time again next week I might be a bit busy!!

Thanks for looking and I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. I'll try to catch up later.

Kat xx

14 comments:

  1. Very elegant card. Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, elegant card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CWWC & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful anniversary card Kat - very classy and elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at the ATCAS Take Flight challenge - hope we will see you again next time!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Butterflies Kat, lovely colour and embossing. A real beautiful card. Looks like your going to have your hands full, good luck. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat lovely card, liking the embossed background. Happy dog sitting, that will keep you busy.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Cute Card Thursday :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. I am sure they will love your card for their anniversary :) Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :) Feel free to enter my design giveaway on Facebook.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns - Free Giveaway
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat, I love butterflies, and your embossed card shows them off brilliantly.

    Hope you had a great time with all the dogs?

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful:) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)
    Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card. The butterflies are lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Card Crew! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the butterflies and your design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a great day!

    - Jenn DT
    Crafted My Fancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card Kat! Wow...a niece having a silver anniversary...you must have been very young! ;) Good luck with all the dogs and hope work isn't too stressful!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.