Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Tuesday 28 August 2012

Another simple Christmas card.

I haven't managed to blog much this week due to working full-time but I found this card that's only got as far as being photographed. So here it is now.


I used :-
Image :- Clarity stamps.
Colouring :- Promarkers.
Sentiment :- Heritage rubber stamp company.
Glamous Dust, Candi, gems, ribbon, tag punch.

I'm entering the following challenges :-
Cute Card Thursday :- Bling it up.
Creative Card Crew :- Christmas.

My little pile of Christmas cards is building up slowly. I've got 26 now so that's quite good for me at this time of year!

The next card I have to make is a Sympathy card. My friend's sister died in a card accident yesterday. Her neighbour phoned to tell me that they had just left in horrible rainy weather to go to be with her Mum and Dad in Aberdeen. I really feel for them all especially her niece who is just in her early teens. I sent a text to my friend and as I knew would be the case they were all in shock. I said I'd speak to her when she felt up to it. It's horrible when something like this happens.  The photos in the papers were awful. I think the weather, lots of rain and surface water, must have had a lot to do with the accident but one of the girls in the shop said that particular bit of the road had a lot of potholes too. It's only a minor road and the speed limit at that part is only 30mph so I don't imagine she or the other driver was speeding.

I'm not sure if I'm going to need another Sympathy card as one of the girls at work was convinced that a lady who's been really ill had died. I'll know tomorrow if she's right or not. I hate this because as sure as you need one Sympathy card you usually seem to need more!

Sorry to be a bit down today. It doesn't help that my nephew would have been 30 on Sunday past but he was killed on a motorbike 10 years ago on the 9th of September. I often think of him as he was just about 3 months younger than my younger daughter. He was a lovely lad and he did pack a lot into his 20 years and I'm glad I was his auntie.

Thanks for looking at my card and I'll be back tomorrow with another card and no doom and gloom.

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card Kat, love the gingham ribbon, looks great! Sorry to hear all you sad news, there is always something to upset the apple cart isnt there .. hope everything sorts out for you . Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at the creative card crew for our challenge. Good Luck!
    Denise
    CCC-DT
    I have blog candy available through Sept if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really lovely Christmas card!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your friends sister, shocks like that are always hard to come to terms with, and hugs to you for your nephews birthday.

    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.